Friday, March 2, 2012

Know your IDs

UV 339/10,000 Amazing Principles of the Uni-verse revealed verse by verse Know Your ID Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together Just as if we get our email id’s wrong when typing it , the mail bounces back, we need to know for sure and with absolute accuracy our id’s or our identity in Christ in order that our relationship with God Almighty is on sure footing. We become children of God when we put our trust in Jesus. Our individual id regardless of our status, age or accomplishment is “ child of God.” We are “blood relatives of God” in Christ. We become thereby heirs of God in the sense we inherit the precious promises of God that is more precious than all the gold and silver in the world. In what way are the promises of God more precious than gold? All the gold in the world cannot purchase for us freedom from the cause and effect cycle of sin-guilt-curses-death. The other id’s we have in Christ are numerous: we are God’s co-workers. We are the temple of God. We are Friends of God. We are saints of God. We are a new creation. We are citizens of Heaven. We are the salt and light of the world. We are the sheep of His flock. We are builders of the Kingdom of God. We are grafted onto the True Vine. We are priests and kings in God’s sight. We are the church, the Body of Christ, the Bride of Christ. We are fishers of men. We are the captives of Christ. We are the elect of God. We are the ministers and witnesses of God. Our multi-dimensioned identity in Christ gives us the confidence that we can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. We will share as much in His suffering in this world as in His glory in the world to come. Our new id’s trigger in us and through us another cause and effect cycle of freedom-peace-blessings –eternal life. Each id gives us a sense of joy, peace and assurance. Each id sets in motion a river of life and blessing from our hearts and minds. This is the precious insight and knowledge in comparison with Saint Paul reckons all else as garbage. Our belief in our new id’s changes our conditioning and our programming,our values and perspectives, our emotions, our thoughts, our goals, our desires, our decisions, our actions and finally, our results. When I believe that my body is the temple of God, it means I have to keep it clean of habits like smoking or alcoholism. When I believe that I am a priest and a king, I will intercede for others, worship as a priest and exercise authority as a spiritual king or ruler over the world of darkness. When I believe that I am a Friend of God, I will confide in the Lord and expect Him to help me at all times. When I believe that I am a citizen of Heaven, I will live and behave like a pilgrim and a sojourner on earth with no permanent stakes here and many investments in heaven above. When we believe that we are the sheep of His flock, we will quieten our bleating hearts and minds and listen to His still voice inside us. When we believe that we are children of God, we will not be anxious about our future as we know that He who knows the future holds us in the palm of His hand. Last week, the Lord revealed concerning our younger daughter as a birthday blessing: “ I have packed you against my shoulder. I make you sit on my right shoulder. I carry you like a babe in my arms. I dandle you on my knees.” This is how He carries every one of us. Prateep V Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment