Monday, May 21, 2012

Return on investment

UV 411/10,000 Isaiah 55 v 11 Return on Investment Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it The word that comes from the mouth of God since it comes from the eternal, absolute and true Being , it is not limited in time and space. Even if it is originally spoken in a particular time and context, say to Joshua, (“ I will be with you even as I was with Moses” ) or to Peter, ( “this is the Rock on which I will build my church), it applies equally to each of us. The Word is a living word- it is alive, active and energetic at the present moment as when it was first spoken or written. It is not empty or meaningless or vain like most of the words that we are used to speaking in our daily conversations. It will fulfill the purpose of God in our lives. It will not return void or it will not fail in fulfilling the will of God. Even a country’s most revered law –its constitution is subject to frequent changes but the Word of God is immutable for it does not change with time. The Lord is consistent and faithful to His Word. It is ancient in origin but up to date in its relevance, utility and validity. The Word of God accomplishes the purpose of God in our lives. It is like an arrow that we load on the bow of our faith to hit the target that the Lord sets for us. We need to believe that the Word is truly from the Lord, that it is eternal, infallible and complete for all our needs. There will be a definite return on the time we invest in studying and applying the Word of God. A sense of diligence, delight and patience are called for in order to experience the wonders that are hidden in the Word. It pleases God when we take delight in His Word for it is a mark of our faithfulness. The riches of God’s grace, love and mercy are unsearchable on the Internet’s search engines or in our books of wisdom, knowledge and learning but can be found only in His Word. The Word will prosper in the thing to which the Lord sends it- this implies that the Lord speaks a specific portion of scripture or a “rhema “ word into the specific situation in which we find ourselves. The word , ‘prosper’ implies that the action of the Word is a progressive process. As the problem or challenging situation develops, the solution that is promised or assured by God in His Word will also develop. He will bring it into fruition. The action of fulfilling the Word is triggered by the hand of the Lord who acts in response to our prayerful, faithful application of the Word in different specific areas of our lives. This is the reason why I hold that even one verse from the mouth of God or uni-verse is better than all that is written in all the books of knowledge and wisdom of mankind through the ages. If we want our lives to be accomplished and prosperous and not void or vain, we must be virtually obsessed with the Word from the mouth of God. Prateep V Philip

1 comment:

  1. Ps. 143:8: “Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, 
For in You do I trust; 
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, 
for I lift up my soul to You.” Lord, I wait for you in this morning. May I hear your loving-kindness in the morning to sustain me and guide me through the day. May the Spirit guide me in the way you have prepared for me this day, O Father: my desires, my thoughts, my prayers, my word, my deeds. May I see the foot-steps of Jesus, and be willing and thankful for your plan for me, Lord. A few moments entirely for God first thing in the morning will bless the whole day as the offering of the first-fruits blessed the whole harvest in the Old Testament. We read in Lam. 3:22-23: “…Lord’s mercies ... are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.” Great is our need of God’s mercies, and great is His faithfulness to cause us to hear His loving-kindness in the morning. O God, let me trust you with all my heart for all my needs, all through this day. Amen.
    Alex Nilamel

    ReplyDelete