Saturday, September 22, 2012

The God of High Excitement

Uv 527/10,000 Luke 2 v 20 Glorify God for the Heard and Seen “And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them” Life is not a monotonous routine. Faith is not a boring ritual. It is an exciting relationship. God does wonderful things such that the children of men will praise and glorify Him. My children sometimes say, “ Dad, you are boring” if I don’t go along with something new or adventurous or exciting they want to do. But, the Living God is not a boring dad. He likes to create excitement in our otherwise mundane lives in order to create faith, not awe, in order to encourage and build up faith, not to astonish or astound that men draw near to Him and glorify His Name. These positive signs and wonders are the acts of God. But, mankind in our sinful state wrongly describe all disastrous events of nature as acts of God. Yesterday, I was casually chatting and joking with a friend in Hong Kong on google video chat. He asked me something about the miraculous unique inverted rainbow photograph I had taken on my cell camera in a hill station called Dalhousie two years ago. The Lord in response to my prayer did a miracle of turning rainy weather across almost the whole of North-western India into dry and fine weather overnight. At the hill station, while our two daughters posed on a rock, I had taken the photograph. The friend said it must have been refraction caused by water vapour in the air. I replied on video chat that it was not refraction for we can see rays of light delivering the inverted rainbow in splendid colours. Just as I was talking I noticed a brilliant silver light perfect cross across my entire face on the small video screen. When asked the friend in Hong Kong said he could see my face clearly and that there was no cross. I realized it was yet another miraculous sign from the Lord to re-confirm the earlier rainbow sign as a communication or signal from His throne. I quickly took a photograph again with my cell camera.( attached herewith) It is not only the David Camerons or Hollywood producers of this world who have a monopoly of excitement. The Lord is the God of excitement. We hear and see and experience wonderful things that will freak others out. But, we should glorify and praise the Lord as the shepherds did for all the things that happened to them or before them as it was told to them. He does not want us to live mere matter-of-fact boring lives. He desires that we live matter-of-faith wonderful and exciting lives. The shepherds heard and believed. Therefore, they saw and experienced. Many people hear but do not believe. Some do not hear. But, the shepherds who hear and believe will see the wonderful things of God as it was told to them and give glory and praise to Him. We who know Him and lead other sheep to His fold are His modern day shepherds. I am His shepherd as I use my pen to guide people into His pen. The miracle picture attached is His way of confirming my calling. Prateep V Philip

3 comments:

  1. Your posts never fail to instill a sense of hope in me
    the first thing i look forward to when i am on FB is your blog
    Vinay Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. That truly is no ordinary coincidence. Checked with my system admin too. Its not easy to get that symbol during a video call. These signs are a personal reaffirmation of God's continual hand of guidance with you and a still small voice that is sharpening your response to His call. Like Gideon's signs these are not only to dispel doubts but to strengthen a person for a mighty activity that God seeks to use you as an instrument to accomplish.
    Alfred Devaprasad

    ReplyDelete