Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Lord of Affirmation

UV 594/10,000 The Lord of Affirmation “ Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.” Isaiah 42 v 1 God is the Lord of affirmation. He affirms us. He affirms every one of His servants in these words: “ here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight.” He has chosen us to believe, understand and know that He is God. In order to make us understand and to redeem us, He sent His Son Jesus in the form of a servant. When we choose to believe in the chosen one, Jesus, we too become servants of God whom He upholds. He strengthens us from within, from above and from behind and from all around to face the great challenges and risks of serving Him in a fallen world. When we delight in Him and in the visible emblem of the Invisible God, the Word in flesh and the Word in print, He too delights in us as a lover delights in beholding His beloved. He delights or enjoys our company or fellowship. He delights in our thoughts, words and deeds as we anchor our lives in Him. When we choose to delight in the things that delight the heart of God, then God or the joy of the Lord becomes our strength, our source of power. The Lord promises to anoint us or put His Spirit upon us. He empowers us to open the spiritually blind eyes of people, to set free captives from the prison of sin and guilt. He equips us to break the chains of people and release them from the dungeons of darkness of this world. The Holy Spirit teaches us what to speak and what to do in every context and situation. Our task as servants of God is to take justice or deliverance to people living in the kingdom of darkness and bring them into the kingdom of light. When we take the Word and the gospel to the nations of the world, we are taking the justice and mercy of the Lord to all four corners. Recently, the Lord affirmed me by saying that “ I am pleased with you as you are distributing my holy Word to the nations and from shore to shore.” The holy Word of God, namely the books of law of the Old Covenant and the books of love of the New Covenant, taken together embody the justice of the Lord for all mankind. He says therein, “ I do not condemn or punish anybody. I am ready to affirm every one who acknowledges me. If you reject me, you condemn yourself.” This in effect is the justice of the Lord. All are accepted and no one is exempted. Prateep V Philip

1 comment:

  1. Greetings in the name above all names Jesus.He is Worthy to be Worshipped. I just love and enjoy those lovely uplifting messages you send and read all of them with Joy. The only reason I do not respond as often as I like is because I am not so good at typing. Please keep them coming. I did notice you mentioned my little testimony in one of them and in another you mentioned praying and thanking the Lord for our body parts and facilities. May I say I do the same and even while driving thank Jesus for the birds,trees,clouds ,rivers ,seas, mountains and all His wonderful and beautiful creation. When I think that now I am 67 years old and have done so little for his glory and my wonderful Saviour did everything in three short years from the age of just 30 years. I pray that I will be around to read your 10000 message!!!
    Vernen Galiffe, UK

    ReplyDelete