Sunday, November 17, 2013

Complete Vision

UV 926-10,000 Complete Vision But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His unfailing love Psalm 33 v 18 The Lord delights in watching over us as a mother delights over her child. But a mother’s love can grow cold over time but His love is unfailing. Every person or thing we trust in can fail us but not the Lord. When we place our hope in His love and trust His promises enshrined in His Word, He turns His eyes and His ears towards us. He delivers us out of all our troubles. His metaphoric seven eyes have every area of our lives covered: spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, social, familial and financial. He sees in all directions. He sees the visible and the invisible, the revealed and the hidden. He has complete and total vision unlike us who are purblind. If we have not experienced His deliverance and grace in each of these areas, we have not truly lived fully. The other day I was a spokesperson in a world record webinar in an Institute of Technology. The speaker before me said something interesting that a dog sees through its nose that is more powerful than even its sight. For humans, he said that our optical nerve connection is ten times more powerful than the auditory connection to the brain. He said this is the reason why we tend to remember better what we see in the mind’s eye. He then explained his technique of turning all audio files or things he hears into video files. But the Bible says that “faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word.” Hearing the Word of God is many times more powerful than even our sight. We should hope in His Word or deny what we see and affirm what we hear or have heard from His Word. When we recall a “rhema verse” or uni-verse and confess our faith with our mouths we are loading an unbelievably powerful arrow on the strings of our bow. If we just leave it lying idle in a closed Bible, it is like an arrow kept dormant in the quiver that may not be put to use. Our eyes focussed or fixed on the Lord implies a faith that is not dormant but active and triggered, ready for use at any time and all the time. Fearing the Lord implies that we revere His Word and long for His presence in our lives. We hold on to our hope in the Lord even in the most hopeless situations. Recently, I again went over the hopeless situation I was in when I lay injured after the bomb blast that assassinated the former Prime Minister. I asked myself “ How is it that not a single pellet or shrapnel from the bomb penetrated my entire chest or back when I was walking in such close quarters?” The Lord reminded me that a shield protects the chest and back. He acted as a veritable shield that prevented any of the thousands of steel pellets that flew in all directions from penetrating the most vulnerable or lethal parts of my body. His eyes were upon me as I feared Him and placed my hope in His unfailing love even as I told the District Superintendent of Police a week before, “ God will protect me.” Prateep V Philip

No comments:

Post a Comment